With the Memorial Day Holiday weekend upon us and the summer vacation season fast approaching, a thorough inspection of your vehicle will give you peace of mind and help make your road journey safer.
“When planning a road trip this summer, it’s important to remember that you shouldn’t just put gas in your car and go. A pre-trip vehicle check is recommended to determine how road-ready your vehicle is so you can take steps to fix any potential problems before heading out for vacation,” said Ben Calvitti, Service and Parts Director for Rosenthal Acura.
Before you hit the road, Rosenthal Acura suggests having your vehicle inspected to help avoid the inconvenience and potential safety hazards of breaking down miles away from home.
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy.
- Check the brake system.
- Check the battery connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check filters and fluids, antifreeze/coolant, windshield washer and power steering, brake and transmission fluids. Dirty air filters can waste gas and cause the engine to lose power.
- Change the engine oil and adjust the viscosity grade, the warmer the oil is, the thinner it will be. If the oil is too thin, the engine might not get the proper lubrication. To solve this summertime issue, you can change your vehicle’s engine oil to one that is a little thicker.
- Check the hoses and belts and replace if they become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Under inflated tires reduce a vehicle’s fuel economy and uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check that the gas cap is not damaged, loose or missing to prevent gas from spilling or evaporating.
Summertime is a time for family and travel. By taking the time to have your car thoroughly checked and serviced before you hit the road during the summer, you will ensure that you have a safe mode of travel and you may also catch a small problem before it becomes a large expense. Now it’s time to grab your checklist and get your vehicle ready so you can have a great summer.
About Rosenthal Acura
Since 1986 Rosenthal Acura has provided top of the line vehicles with exceptional service. We have received the highly coveted Precision Team Award for customer service for 18 consecutive years. We are proud to be the longest running Precision Team winner in Acura’s history. Our dealership was founded on the principle that the customer always comes first. This means that we do not simply sell cars, our professionals help you choose a vehicle that fits your needs and after the sale we will help you keep it running like new. We attend to every detail and accommodate your personal preferences. We always go the extra mile as the premier Acura dealership in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region.
Contact us to find out more about Rosenthal Acura’s Personal Approach at 1-877-300-4226.